Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Potato Trick

So the other day, I was SUPER hungry and my mom was making dinner for the family since I'm home. I'm not proud of it, but it's a well-known fact that, even though I'm 22, I become slightly cranky when I reach a certain stage of hunger. My mother, who has known me all of my 22 years, realized that I was coming very close to this stage.

Long story short, she was going to make fried potatoes, which usually means you have to boil the potatoes first (which takes about 25 minutes) AND THEN cut them up and fry them, which takes another 5 minutes at least. But, smart as she is, she took out her trusty grater and grated the raw potatoes directly into a pan of olive oil, added some salt and basil, and the potatoes were done in 10 minutes! And they were super good too because they were thin and moist.

I'm by-passing boiling from now on.

No comments: